Let’s drop the stigma and do the research.

I feel this post has been a long time coming. I’ve been waiting for the right time to share this. After a couple of weeks of intense learning, connecting with like-minded souls and feeling empowered, I feel the ‘right’ time is now.

If you are a parent who has ever felt patronized, who has been bullied or even disowned because you don’t follow the crowd, you choose to listen to your parental intuition, you are a free-thinker, you question the system, you do your own research and you go against the grain….I HEAR you, I feel you and I am writing this blog article for us.

This is probably the most honest and heart-felt post I have written to date. This is my perspective which has been shaped by my experiences. As a Mum who is passionate about shedding light, love and truth, I feel I need to share this with the world.

z

I confidently and proudly say, that I have a fully unvaccinated child.

Before I fell pregnant I started to do my own research into vaccines. In the years leading up, I had a profound awakening in regards to my diet and lifestyle. Health became a top priority for myself. I knew before I had a family of my own, something in my soul was urging me to dig deeper and find out more about the vaccine issue.

I’ve lost count of all the hours I have dedicated and still dedicate to vaccine research. In my household we speak about vaccines daily because we are constantly doing research and constantly searching for the truth. For me, it is imperative to keep abreast of all vaccine information and to never stop learning.

When I was pregnant, the thought of injecting a concoction of synthetic chemicals and harmful ingredients into my body while I was growing another little body did not sit well with me. My intuition knew that while I was creating the biggest miracle of my life, there was no way I would feel right receiving any kind of vaccine, even though I was strongly advised to, I politely declined. By the time my son came into this world, my husband and I had extensively researched both sides of the vaccine story. We knew we could confidently make the decision NOT to vaccinate nor did he receive the vitamin K shot at birth.

It was not a decision we made lightly. I lost sleep over it, I checked and rechecked both sides of the argument. I knew there were risks with either decision and the possibility of losing friendships over a choice we had made for our son.

Choosing to vaccinate or not, is one of the biggest decisions a new parent will make for their child. I strongly believe being truly informed and well-researched is a MUST. That is why I continually post vaccine information on my Instagram page (tays_way_) to help other parents find balanced, unbiased, and independent resources with no ties to the pharmaceutical industry and no conflicts of interest.

My husband and I know that what we have decided for our son, how we raise him and choose to protect him, is what is right and best for him.

The constant fear-mongering by the government, media and medical establishment, doesn’t work on us. We have done our homework. We will not be intimidated or pressured into vaccinating our son. We know too much and we cannot ignore what we know now.

Sadly, the reality is there are a lot of people who would view our way of protecting our son, strange at best and criminal at worst.

Personally, I am tired of the stereotype and I am over the stigma that comes with raising an unvaccinated child.

My son is an absolute picture of HEALTH. He rarely feels unwell. He has never taken a pharmaceutical drug or antibiotic because he doesn’t need to. His immune system is robust and resilient. His body knows how to heal itself by itself. My son is a vibrant, thriving little human and I am so proud to be his Mum.

zzzzzz

If it came down to it, I could say that I vaccinate my son at least 6 times a day. It’s called BREASTMILK. Too many of us underestimate the power this liquid gold has in transferring messages between you and your baby to help fight infections, protect them and prevent dis-ease. Every day I make a conscious effort to make sure my son has the best possible chance to thrive physically and mentally. Every waking thought goes into building strong foundations of health, reducing his toxin exposure and nurturing his microbiome. I have a group of holistic practitioners in place who I trust to take the very best care of my son and keep him well.

Here’s the thing.

A big part of the problem and misconception surrounding unvaccinated people is the media and government. They are constantly pitting parent against parent. Time and time again it is the same old story of the ‘pro-vaxxers’ battling it out with the ‘anti-vaxxers’.

Why can’t we come together, as parents who simply want to do the best by their own child, whatever their vaccination status. Why don’t we listen to each other instead of labelling each other. Help each other instead of hurling abuse at one another. The whole ‘debate’ can get so toxic and heated that it doesn’t do anyone any favours.

Enough is enough. I say we drop the stigma and do the research.

Stop blaming unvaccinated people and start asking questions like why are we still seeing outbreaks of “vaccine-preventable diseases” in highly vaccinated populations? If vaccines are truly effective like we are told they are and the “best” way to protect our children, then why do vaccinated people still contract the very disease they’re supposedly immune from.

In current reports 95% of children in Australia are vaccinated. Which tells us that our vaccination rate here is very high. This would then mean that our ‘herd immunity’ should be very strong and efficient, if vaccine-induced herd immunity theory really is true.

This theory however is contradicted by the number of outbreaks we are seeing across Australia of the supposed vaccine-preventable diseases.

If only 5% are unvaccinated, it is more than likely a vaccinated child would never come into contact with an unvaccinated child which means that if we are still seeing outbreaks, the vaccinated can and do spread disease, and compromise the herd.

Even on vaccine package inserts it warns if people are recently vaccinated to stay away from the immuno-compromised because vaccines shed the disease. A prime example of this is the MMR vaccine.

So are we really going to keep blaming the 5% of the population?

It is my hope that soon the blaming and shaming will come to an end.

That a time will come where we don’t let the media control or dictate our thoughts and we start to critically think for ourselves.

I am not trying to tell parents what to do nor would I ever say not to vaccinate. What I am trying to do is encourage parents to look at the full range of information so that you are empowered to make fully informed choices for your loved ones, whatever that choice may be.

I respect any parent who makes decisions for their children out of pure love and protection. I can only hope that after this post I will receive the same respect back.

As a Mum who is fiercely passionate about the health of her son, I know I have my son’s best interests at heart. Not the government, not the media and not the vaccine industry. I know my baby best. I am guided by my motherly instincts, I am fearless for him and I will always stand up for what is right for him.

I am grateful to have found my ‘Mum Tribe’ who feels the same way as I do. I keep them close and know when times get tough, we can lean on each other for support and strength. However, I know there are many Mums out there who feel alone. Who don’t feel supported and feel misunderstood.

This is why I urge you to speak up and SHARE your experiences with others. It’s time to BE BRAVE. Don’t hide and don’t fear other people’s opinions. Let us not mistake the opinion of the majority as truth and don’t take things personal from people who don’t know you personally.

Every parent I have spoken to who chooses not to vaccinate their children, constantly validate my thoughts in that we all have a familiar story in common.

Our unvaccinated children are rarely sick, they don’t suffer from health conditions such as asthma, eczema, gut issues, allergies, ear infections, disorders, developmental delay or autism. Our children are healthy, they are well. They hold strong and resilient immune systems.

So have the courage to live and speak your truth.

Your story is your message to the world, be strong in your convictions and confident in your educated voice.

You never know who you are inspiring and who you are helping to find out the truth about vaccines.

BOOKS:

– Well Adjusted Babies by Dr Jennifer Barham-Floreani

– Dissolving Illusions by Dr Suzanne Humpries & Roman Bystrianyk

– Vaccine Epidemic by Louise Kuo Habakuk & Mary Holland

– Chemical Free Kids by Dr Sarah Lantz

– Vaccine Free by Andreas Bachmair

– Investigate before you vaccinate: a guide for parents by Kathy Scarborough (pamphlet)

– Vaccine myths and facts by Wendy Daniels (pamphlet)

– Science for Sale by David Lewis

– Silent Epidemic

– Vaccines Revealed

– Vaxxed

– Man Made Epidemic

TW x

Advertisements

18 thoughts on “Let’s drop the stigma and do the research.

1. Fina says:

Hi Taylor,

I thoroughly enjoyed your blog. I can only hope that I can be as bold and brave about vaccination decisions when I am ready to have my next bub. Thank you so much for your never ending wisdom. Til the next blog 🙂

2. Lila J says:

Thank you thank you thank you. Honestly I am too scared to mention my stance on vaccinations I posted a thought asking other mum’s on the baby centre for baby’s of march 2017 – about the 28week vaccine for tetnus, pertussis and everyone just shut me down said I was a crazy hippy, chicken pox party host ect. I felt so alone and ended up cancelling my emails and updates. I hate how you automatically get stereotyped when you are more likely the one that has researched it for years, where as they are just giving that standard answer that unvaccinated kids spread disease ect. Anyho I wish I was as brave as you, I am learning and reading everyday and are confident in the choices I am making for my children.

3. Tabitha says:

I have shared this blog with so many other parents n they loved it! Their responses have been so positive! Thank you for being so brave n speaking out about your stance on vaccinations! You have encouraged so many to also be brave THANK YOU!!!

4. Juene says:

I applaud your honesty, courage and wise decision from doing your own in depth proper research. I too did my own research many years ago and i just want to say that my final decision was that the risks of vaccinations far out weighed any benefits, that was 24 years ago and I can proudly say my 24 & 22 year old girls have never been vacinated, never had any antibiotics, of any kind and I never took them to a Doctor ever. All they ever got was a basic cold or cough and I always treated it with home remedies and a few vitamins. I home cooked everything and fed them a very healthy diet. Which made them naturally healthy with a good strong immune system which I believe is the key. Stay strong with your decision,xx

• taysway89 says:

THANK YOU for your comment you have no idea how inspiring it is to me! I couldn’t agree more with everything you just said and how you’ve raised your children is exactly how I am raising mine. Your comment warmed my heart and reassured me that I know my baby best and I am doing the right thing by him. Xx

• Deanne Hislop says:

Love this that your children are now 22 and 24. My kids are 7 and 8 and have never taken antibiotics, panadol etc. Something I am very proud of and as Im sure you know takes time and energy to control with food and lifestyle yet mention it and everyone feels sorry for uour child liked they hsve been abused snd denied pain relief!

5. Deanne Hislop says:

Love this blog. I too am over the stigma, I work as a building biologist specialising in reducing evironmental exposures in children and I am constantly ridiculed over my views on such topics such as water fluoridation, emf/rf, reducing chemical exposures etc. What I dont get is while I do this professionally, those ridiculing havent even bothered to read an ounce of credible information let alone thousands of medical journals. In a period of information overload you would think we would start getting savvy about critical investigation and research. Sad thing is its the next generation that suffers from peoples ignorance.

6. Amy says:

Thankyou for your honesty 🙂 I decided not to vaccinate my children after many months of research. Both my children are 100% healthy and have never been medicated. They were also both breastfed and im raising them on a plant based vegan diet. My oldest is 4 and we have just found out she’s gifted. Both my kids are off the charts in height and development. I want to tell you I too had sleepless nights and have lost a lot of friends. Thank you for being honest about not vaccinating because I know the backlash you will probably recieve for it. Take care and I hope your family continues to thrive xx

7. Steve Atkin says:

We have three children, all grown up now. Two of our children were vaccinated and our third, our son was not.
    Over the years our vaccinated girls have suffered many illnesses including lifelong asthma.

Our second daughter after recieving her initial vaccine went into a session of ‘fittings’ during which we rushed her to the emergency unit at our local hospital. Upon arriving she was hurried into a separate room and the emegency nurses started to try and diagnose what was wrong.
    The nusrses were baffled and in a panick called a doctor to the hospial. He arrived only to find at this point our daughter was in a state of what could only be called a ‘coma’. She was completely unconscious and could not be revived. The doctor threw his hands up in dismay and said he did not know what to do next – we were distressed and wept at this point.
    A short period later as we stood over our child we watched as the blood rushed back into face, she opened her eyes and cried out for mum.
    The recovery was the result, I believe, of a miracle involving prayer.
    Our unvaccinated son at age 20 had only ever once stepped inside a doctors surgery once, thats correct ONCE and that was for a cycling injury.
    During all his schooling, whilst all his friends were coming down with all the usual sickness’s he remained immune from them. On the odd occasion that he did succumb he would usually throw it off in 24 hrs.

Thank you for having the courage to make the stand that you and your husband have made. I believe this is one of the most important issues facing us as a society/community at this momemt.

Stay strong, keep informed and keep hanging out with your ‘tribe,.

Blessings – Steve Atkin

8. Kira Liefman says:

It’s articles like this that I love to be able to read. As a 21 year old new single mother, I’ve lost so much sleep over my decision not to vaccinate. I will admit to not researching as much as most mothers do, I based my decision solely on my own upbringing. My three older sisters were vaccinated as children and would get incredibly ill growing up. My brother, 23, and I have still never received a single vaccine and neither of us have gotten so much as the flu, or ever had to spend a night in the hospital, save for when my brother was in a car accident and I gave birth to my son. How can people argue with that? I knew when I fell pregnant that I would not immunise my child, but the constant bullying of my friends and doctors made it so hard to stay firm on my decision. So many times I’ve almost broken and decided to just vaccinate my son to shut people up, but when I read of brave woman like you, I remind myself that I AM doing what’s right for my son, and only I can decide what goes into his body.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

9. wtffoodblog says:

Having spoken with you over Instagram you asked me educate myself and read this blog. I have now read it …and I still believe immunisation is crucial to children’s health …just as much as breastfeeding is ‘liquid gold’. I don’t see in any of your referencing any suggestions of readings for PRO vaccinations? Please inform me if I’m wrong. Your article is very defensive of your right as a mother to choose what is best for your child. So while you choose to NOT immunise. I as a mother choose TOO immunise and as you said in your article it is a ‘risk’ you are taking … why risk your child’s health? Fear mongering works both ways. I think parents are paranoid and too caught up in keeping everything ‘natural’. There is a reason why we have a lot of medical internevention in this world and that is too keep people alive.

• taysway89 says:

I referenced the recourses I have had to find myself over the years and use to fully educate myself on this matter. Why would I reference pro-vax resources when you can easily find and be given that via doctors offices/media/medical establishment. You haven’t taken the time to read into any of my resources just assumed they’re all anti-vax when they aren’t. The doctors, scientists, professors, researchers I look to for advice and admire are all extremely intelligent and experienced in their field. They were once Pro-vaccines until they started investigating this issue themselves, going further then what they were told to believe in all of their years in uni. And actually speak out to share the truth to us parents because it is the right thing to do. This isn’t about my choices or your choices being right or wrong this is about asking people like you to drop the stigma, do the research first before assuming and accusing. You ask me why would I risk my child’s health, I can ask you the exact same thing. Vaccines don’t come without risks, they are unavoidably unsafe, the ingredients are extremely toxic to a child’s health, why would you risk your child’s health without doing all of the research first. Parents are paranoid, parents have been programmed for son long not to trust or listen to their intuition. More and more parents are now waking up and questioning what we’ve been socially engineered to believe and say since vaccines were first introduced in the 1800’s. I can only hope you will start questioning things too and think outside of the system. Emergency care has saved lives there is no doubt, but hundreds of thousands have also died through iatrogenic deaths every year. You’ve come into my page, I didn’t find you. Unless you’re willing to open your heart to the information I am freely offering you, then please go and find another page that aligns with your beliefs because I don’t have time or energy to waste. Thank you.

10. Katie says:

Hi there, I’m genuinely interested in understanding your thoughts on the eradication of serious life-threatening diseases such as smallpox and polio. Your child and mine, have benefited greatly from previous generations that have vaccinated. If these diseases were to return, would you then vaccinate your child or rely on their ‘immunity’? Is your opposition to the current immunization schedule or vaccination as a principle? By the way, my son is fully vaccinated and very healthy, although the 2 are completely unrelated!

• taysway89 says:

Hello, my thoughts on smallpox and polio? They weren’t eradicated by vaccines, in fact the vaccines themselves cause massive epidemics and worse death from these diseases. Please take the time to research Dr Suzanne Humphries work and her research on this issue.

I don’t agree that we have benefited from previous vaccinated generations at all.

The diseases are still here, maybe not in Australia but certinaly around the world. No I wouldn’t vaccinate, I don’t fear diseaes. We believe the best protection is through good health and that too many of us underestimate the power of the body. We have been evolving with diseases since the beginning of time, that’s how we have gotten to be here today, long before vaccines were ever introduced.

Vaccination doesn’t equal immunization and herd immunity is an illusion.

Vaccinated can still contract and spread the diseases, I did as a fully vaccinated child.

That’s great to hear your son is very healthy, there’s no doubt you are a great Mum.

But I have many friends and people contact me about their children’s health issues, we have more children suffering from chronic illness than ever before. Our children our now not expected to live longer than their parents.

So I am one of many parents who don’t vaccinate, who have very strong, healthy thriving children, who don’t rely on vaccines for protection or good health. Who are the healthiest amongst their peers.

There’s a reason why the govt and medical establishment refuse to do a vax vs unvaxxed study to see who actually is the more robust, healthier group.